Image Map

Dolly Parton Concert


It's Monday and I'm finally getting around to recapping the Dolly Parton concert I attended last Wednesday.  Those of you who know me, know that I had been waiting on this for so long! My love for Dolly Parton came about several years ago when she was one of the few "voices" that would calm the colic of my first born and then later reading her fascinating life story.

This woman is so talented and put on an amazing show that included many of her hits like  "Jolene," "Coat of Many Colors," "9 to 5," "Here You Come Again," "Islands in the Stream," "Little Sparrow" and  "I Will Always Love You", which of course she wrote and sang as the finale.  She also sang songs from her newer albums "Backwoods Barbie" and "Better Day" which were all so uplifting and fun!




She did a handful of cool covers like "Shine" by Collective Soul, "Stairway To Heaven" by Led Zeppelin and songs by Tina Turner and Miley Cyrus.  (She happens to be Miley's godmother, surprise!)   She talked about her love of songwriting and how much she loved when others sang her songs and how much she enjoyed singing other people's songs too.  How sweet is that?  




The other surprising part of the show was how many instruments Dolly can play!  She showed her skills on the acoustic guitar, banjo, autoharp, piano and mandolin as well as a bit of harmonica and saxophone.  She may be little but she packs a lot of talent!  She also poked fun at herself making jokes about her wigs, plastic surgery and such.  Other than the music, my favorite part of the show was the story telling she did between songs.  Is there anything better than a good rags to riches story?  


And for those of you wondering how many times she changed outfits....the number was two.  I was hoping for a little more but I'm certainly not disappointed.  I have no idea how she managed to keep her cool on one of the hottest days of the year!  

And yes, Mom certainly enjoyed her first concert experience!  Cute huh?



Also can I give a shout out to my little Canon G9 for capturing these images! What an amazing little point and shoot camera.  

I hope ya'll had a wonderful weekend and thanks for letting me gush a little bit here.

6 comments:

  1. Love the pics and wow you were close! She still looks the same to me maybe I will age as gracefully as she. Glad y'all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Dolly just amazing? I loved her show, too. I've seen her many time, but this tour is hands down the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous! I've always wanted to see her in concert!

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some fantastic pics Amy. Y'all must've had great seats! I'd love to see her in concert again. Your Mom looks tickled pink to be there - so sweet! Thanks for sharing doll - i've been waiting all weekend to hear about how much fun y'all had :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful night. I am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!! And seriously, your pictures are just amazing - great seats!!

    ReplyDelete