Image Map

Black Bean Dip


Last week, I went out for a girls night and one of my friends brought this amazing black bean dip.  I immediately began prying the recipe out of her but the problem was, there wasn't really a recipe, which is fine, because that's how I roll.

So this week, I've been perfecting the recipe with hopes of sharing it with friends this weekend during the big game.  Let me tell you friends, it's good.  Real good.

Here's my version of the recipe that was passed via word of mouth.  (The best kind, if you ask me!)

1 can black beans
1/2 medium sweet yellow onion, diced
1/2  jalepeno (with seeds removed), diced
3 tbsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 garlic gloves, pressed or diced finely
2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
2 tbsp. olive oil
salt to taste

1.  In a food processor, puree beans.  Add vinegar and mix.
2.  Heat oil on stovetop over low heat.  Add chili powder, cumin and garlic.  Saute for a minute.  Saute for only 15 seconds being careful not to burn the mixture.
3.  Add onion and jalepeno and cook just until tender.
4.  Add bean mixture to pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
5.  Add salt to taste.

You can serve this delicious dip either hot or cold, but you must top with chopped cilantro...you must.  One night for dinner we ate it hot on top crispy tostadas, with sour cream, cheese, avocado and pico de gallo but this dip can stand alone too.

Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I need to eat more beans so I may be trying it on Sunday. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good! Remember to take the seeds out of the pepper too. I forgot to add that important note....unless you like it super hot of course.

    ReplyDelete