Image Map

7 Must Have Accessories for New Moms

It was exactly a one year ago today that I was pregnant with my youngest son and enjoying my baby shower hosted by my sisters.  Now I'm thrilled that my little sister is expecting her first child and I'm in the process of planning a fabulous celebration for her.  I also have several closest friends expecting so I thought now would be a great time to pass along some style advice for new moms.

For me, transitioning to motherhood was tricky as I found myself in uncharted territory.  There were so many changes going on both physically and emotionally that there were times I felt like I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone.  Fear Not!  That won't happen to you my dear because I'm going to give you 7 secret weapons to combat those zombies.

While you're obsessing over how to decorate the nursery, what kind of bottles to use and what to name the little angel, I'm thinking of you!  Before that bundle of joy shows up on your doorstep, make sure to stock up on these seven stylish accessories every new mom (and seasoned mom) needs to look and feel your best.



1.  Uber-Stylish Diaper Bag- Just because your little darling will be decked out in pastel pink or baby blue doesn't mean you need to look like a walking nursery too.  Trust me when I tell you that you will get tired of carrying around a "diaper" bag.

2.  The sidekick to the uber-stylish diaper bag and one of my personal must have baby items, the Skip Hop Pronto changing pad.  It slides right into your bag and makes changing diapers a snap when you're on the go.

3.   A comfortable and cute pair of flats.  I'm not suggesting you throw out your collection of heels but they may not see as much action as they used to.  That doesn't give you a free pass to wear tennis shoes everyday though. 

4.  A great pair of stud earrings, ones with sparkle preferably!  You can wear these anywhere and still look gorgeous.  All those hoops and dangle earrings are too tempting for baby.  Let's keep those earlobes intact.

5.  Okay ladies, this next one is probably the most overlooked.  Invest in a new and well made bra.  I love this place and they'll make sure you walk out feeling like a million bucks.  

6.  No one has to know you were up all night!  Hide those dark circles and hit the town celebrity style by throwing on a pair of glamorous shades.

7.  Last but not least, a quick coat of gloss can do wonders for your complexion and your confidence.  I have lipsticks and glosses tucked away in my bag, my car, my kitchen drawer, my nightstand...

Take note that these 7 things would look great with jeans and a tee or a little black dress.  Being a new mom is all about flexibility and while you may sacrifice some sleep, don't sacrifice your sense of style.  Look great, feel great and stay among the living!

Best Wishes to all!


1 comment:

  1. I love your suggestions!! so excited for your baby and your sisters that is on the way. I think tse suggestions are great for all women, not just pregnant ones! Thank you for all your help with my current blogging situation. i appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete