Image Map

Mom's Pot Roast


My mom is amazing.  That's her.  Isn't she cute?  There aren't enough words in the world to sing her praises!  Now that I'm older, I've come to realize that mom is always right.  Anytime, I've gone against her advice, I've ended up saying in the back of my mind, "Mom was right...again."  It's funny how it takes us so long to figure this out.

I thought it might be nice to do a tribute to mom by featuring one of my favorite fall dishes, mom's pot roast.  Mom's cooking is plain and simple, which also happens to go right along with one of her favorite sayings "Plain and simple is best."  For me, this pot roast is comfort food and reminds me of home.

Mom's Pot Roast/Ingredients:

1 Rump Roast
1 bag small potatoes, cleaned and halved
1/2 bag carrots peeled and halved
1 yellow onion cut into sixths
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 carton chicken stock
1/8 cup lemon pepper



Ingredients
Cover the roast completely with
First combine the soup and stock in the crockpot.  Then add roast and vegetables.  Cook on low for 8 hours.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment