Image Map

Cranberry Macadamia Bars



It's always about this time of year that the local Starbucks starts offering their tempting Cranberry Bliss Bars which my husband loves! I saw this recipe and knew I had to give it a try. These were so, so easy because they're made with a pre-packaged dry sugar cookie mix which can be found in the baking aisle.

One note I made for next time around was to increase the cranberry mixture. I would recommend 1/4 cup more cranberries and another tbsp. of butter. I also added an extra 1/4 white chocolate chips and I wouldn't be against adding even a bit more next time!  Just don't forget to increase the oil a tad bit too.  I took the easy way out and melted my chips and oil in a glass Pyrex measuring cup and just drizzled on with a spoon.  The plastic bag seemed like a bit too much work for me.  Enjoy!

1 pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 egg
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
1 teaspoon oil


  1. Blend cookie mix, 1/3 cup butter and egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of greased 9-inch square pan. Bake at 350°F 15 minutes.
  2. Heat 1/3 cup butter, brown sugar and cranberries over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Spoon and spread cranberry mixture evenly over partially baked cookie base. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.
  3. In resealable freezer plastic bag, mix baking chips and oil; seal bag. Microwave on High 30 to 45 seconds, squeezing mixture in bag every 15 seconds until smooth. Cut 1/4-inch top from corner of bag; drizzle over bars.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment